This Cookie Notice applies to anyone who visits our website. It explains what cookies are, how we collect data from you, how we use that information and how you can control your cookies.
Cookies are created when you visit a website or use an app. They are small files that are stored on your device and used to customise your experience.
When you access www.inspirus.frb.io, for the first time, you will be asked to set your cookie preferences for the site.
These cookies are needed to provide the content, product or service you have asked for and are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. We use essential cookies for the following purposes:
- Keeping you logged in during your visit
- Enabling you to stream content properly
- Making sure that what you’ve added to your basket is still there when you get to the checkout and to personalise our ‘abandoned basket’ marketing (where we are permitted to send you marketing) described in our Privacy Notice above.
- Make sure our website is working properly
- Remembering if you've been to the site or app before
- Making content recommendations based on other content you have watched
- Enabling features of our service.
- To keep track of what pages, content and links are popular and which ones don't get used.
- To see how users navigate through our sites and apps, when error messages appear and what caused them.
- To see how effective our adverts are.
The information collected using these cookies is grouped with the information from
everyone else and therefore anonymous so we can see overall patterns rather than individual activity. When given the option, we recommend you turn on cookies used for these purposes.
Advertising & marketing cookies
In addition, cookies are used for advertising and marketing purposes. These cookies are used to identify your interests by understanding how you interact with our sites and apps and your web browsing activity. We do this so that we and our trusted partners can:
- Tailor the advertising you see on our and third party sites and apps to your interests (this is known as online behavioural advertising) whilst limiting the number of times you see the same advert.
- Link to social networks who may use the information to target advertising to you on their platforms.
- Tailor the advertising you see on our and third party sites and apps for our own Inspirus products.
- Measure the effectiveness of adverts and content that you are shown, including where and how often they’re shown and any action you took in relation to them.
If you don’t turn these cookies on when given the option you will still see the same amount of advertising and marketing, but it is less likely to be of interest to you and not personalised.
We use 'affiliate' cookies. Some of our web-based information will contain promotional links to other companies’ sites. If you follow one of these links and then register with or buy something from that other site, a cookie is used to tell the other site that you came from one of our sites. That other site may then pay us a small amount for the successful referral. Note that when you visit those other companies’ sites, they will have their own privacy notices which set out what personal data they collect and how they will use it.
How long do our cookies stay on your device?
When you set your cookie preferences on one of our sites or apps, we will remember those preferences. We will ask you again to confirm your preferences after 180 days, unless we add new cookies or use non-essential cookies for different purposes in the meantime, in which case we will ask you to confirm your preferences again when we make those changes. Please note that if you change your preferences to reject cookies which you had previously accepted, Inspirus will stop collecting data from these cookies but some of them may remain on your device until you clear them. To find out how to do this, please see “Other ways to manage your cookie preferences” below.
Managing your cookie preferences
We don’t give you the option to turn off essential cookies when you manage your cookie preferences because these cookies are necessary to make our sites and apps function properly. For the other categories of cookies referred to above, you can control how they are used on that Inspirus site or app. After you have made your initial choice, you can change your preferences via the ‘Privacy options’ link in the footer of the site or the settings within the app.
Other ways to manage your cookie preferences
Most modern browsers allow you to see what cookies you have on your device and to clear them all or individually. To find out how to do this, go to aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a variety of browsers.
Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect the cookies we use. The changes will apply to all websites you visit unless you choose to block cookies only from specific sites.
Deleting cookies means that settings you have made on a site or app will be lost. If you’ve set your preferences to opt out of cookies, this setting will be lost too if that information is stored in a cookie. Blocking all cookies means functionality on our sites and apps may be lost. Therefore, we don’t recommend turning all cookies off when using our sites and apps.