Personal information may be provided to us by you directly or by a third party.
Inspirus Global Education is an online provider of administration services to students and universities providing details of available courses to prospective applicants and allowing application documentation to be uploaded and collated into standard packs for submission.
Personal Information we may Collect
Inspirus Global Education, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect your personal information when you use our website, communicate with us by email, social media or in person, or use our services.
We do not generally process sensitive personal data however in limited circumstances we may need to collect information relating to race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs or health or biometric data.
We would ask that you keep us informed of any changes in your personal information so that we may have our records up to date at all times.
At Inspirus we recognise the importance of the personal information entrusted to us. In order to provide our services we may collect and process a range of information about you that you have provided directly or through a third party. The information we hold may include:
- Name, address, contact details such as telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, emergency contact details, date of birth, gender, languages spoken, and marital status.
- National identification numbers, passport details or other photographic or government issued identifiers.
- Educational and professional history, educational certifications, training and skill records, professional qualifications, information provided within a curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter, references, evaluations, interviews, volunteer experience, disciplinary information, and any other relevant information relating to your education and skills including educational preferences and areas of interest.
- Financial information such as bank account details or credit and debit card information or billing information.
- Health information such as a personal health identifier number, vaccination records and any information provided concerning health matters.
- Website information such as website usage, IP address, geolocation information, identity verification questions, marketing preferences, social media use, web forms and contact notes.
- Additional information provided by you as part of your profile or application.
How we use your Information
The information we obtain about you is confidential. We will only process personal information in relation to your profile and any applications; to respond to your queries or complaints, where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations; for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others in protecting and developing our businesses and assets; where the processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests; or where you have given your consent.
The information which we obtain and hold about you will be used for the purpose of communicating with you. The information will also be used to manage and administer this site and any account profile you hold with us.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Profile creation and management: in order to set up and administer your profile. This involves the processing of personal information for your profile set up, identity verification and the management of your profile and account including billing and the processing of payments.
- Profile and applications: in order to provide you with the services that you have registered for which may include the transfer of your personal information to universities and other educational institutions. The personal information we collect in your profile helps us match you with universities and other educational institutions and programs that fit your preferences and qualifications. This information may also be required by the university or educational institution for the purposes of processing your application.
- Communication and support: in order to contact you, respond to your queries and manage and investigate any complaints and provide customer support.
- Marketing: in accordance with your marketing preferences, from time to time we may provide you with information on our services and those of carefully selected third parties (whose products and services may be unrelated to ours) which we feel may be of interest to you. Again depending on your marketing preferences we may also contact you after you have ended your account with us to make you aware of our services and any available offers. If at any time you wish to opt out or change your marketing preferences you can do so by contacting us.
- Assessment of user preferences: in order for our systems to assess user profiles including information such as account details, website usage and services accessed, to enable us to customise and personalise user experience.
- Improving our products and services: in order to improve our services and user interaction we may conduct surveys and market research which involves the processing of your personal information.
- Identity checks & fraud prevention: in order to help us verify your identity and conduct any necessary checks for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention.
Sharing your Personal Information
There are a number of circumstances in which we may share your personal information within Inspirus and with our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers. Some categories of potential recipients or categories of recipients with whom we may share information:
- Universities and other educational institutions to which you are applying. Once this information has been passed to these institutions, with your permission, they will be responsible for the management and processing of the information.
- External third party service providers, such as agents, affiliates, business partners, auditors, experts, lawyers, and other professional advisors; IT systems, support, and hosting service providers; document and records management providers and other third party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in conducting our activities including direct marketing.
- External third parties in the event of a proposed merger or sale.
- We may also share personal data with government or other public authorities including, but not limited to, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement agencies as required by law or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Where we store your Personal Information and International Transfers
We take all reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information. Our cloud service providers are located within the European Union.
How long we hold your Information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in order to comply with our contractual, regulatory, and legal or business
requirements. Once your personal information is no longer required it will be deleted or anonymised for statistical use.
You have a number of rights when it comes to the use of your personal information:
- Request access to the personal data we hold on you.
- Request to have any inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Request, in certain circumstances, the deletion of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process it.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- Request in circumstances where the personal data you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format be provided to you or transmitted directly to another organisation.
- Withdraw your consent for any processing of your personal information which is based on your consent.
- Object to the processing of personal information e.g. for direct marketing purposes.
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision making which may have significant impact on your interests.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority where applicable.
Protecting your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal data and to implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, with any such transmission taken at your own risk. We will comply with all laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach requirements.
When choosing a password for your account it is your responsibility to ensure the overall strength of the password so that it provides the necessary security to your account.
Links to External Websites
The Inspirus website may contain links to third party websites which are not operated by Inspirus. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites including their respective privacy policies and that Inspirus is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party services and websites.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy will be regularly reviewed to ensure we continue to meet our obligations in processing your personal information and protecting your privacy. In order to do so we reserve the right to update, modify and amend this Policy at any time as required. We would recommend that you check back regularly to keep informed of any updates. We will not make any significant changes to the Policy without informing you.
If you have questions as to the manner in which your personal data is being managed or if you require any further information, you can contact us using the following details:
Inspirus Global Education
Data Protection Officer
Inspirus Global Education
M-Tek 1, Armagh Rd, Knockaconny,
Monaghan, County Monaghan